Weekend box office news… Prince Harry spent Easter with Meghan Markle… Sam Hunt married Hannah Lee Fowler… Jennifer Garner re-filed for divorce… and Breaking down the first weekend of Coachella
5. It wasn’t just number one here, it was number one EVERYWHERE. “The Fate of the Furious” took in an estimated $532.5 million around the world, giving it the biggest worldwide opening weekend in history! Here at home, the movie earned $100.1 million for a first place finish. “Boss Baby” got bumped down to second with $15.5 million. And “Beauty and the Beast” dropped a spot to third with $13.6 million.
4. Prince Harry flew to Toronto to spend the Easter holiday with his main girl, Meghan Markle. She’s there filming the next season of her Lifetime series, “Suits.” Just last week, Meghan shut down her lifestyle website, The Tig, which many say is another sign she’s preparing herself for life as a royal.
3. After a brief 3-month engagement, country music heartthrob Sam Hunt married Hannah Lee Fowler in his hometown of Cedartown, Georgia, on Saturday. Sources say there were about 150 guests, but no celebrity faces were in the crowd. Earlier this month, many thought the couple had already tied the knot when Sam popped up wearing a wedding band to the ACM Awards. But Sam said he’d simply tried on the ring and decided it felt too good to take off.
2. Jennifer Garner called off her divorce from Ben Affleck while he went through rehab for alcohol abuse. But now that he’s doing better, she’s decided it’s really time to move on. Jennifer has re-filed for divorce and Ben is moving out of the family guesthouse. Sources say Ben is even dating someone, but it’s super casual. The couple remain very friendly. Ben and Jen even went to Easter services with their kids yesterday.
1. One weekend of Coachella down, one to go! Among the more interesting sightings at the music festival this weekend….Kylie Jenner showed up at a private party with Travis Scott after his performance Friday night. But it was too crowded for them and they reportedly left after 5 minutes. A source says she’s just trying to make Tyga jealous and that Travis doesn’t mind one bit. Tyga was also at Coachella, but reportedly, he never crossed paths with Kylie. Meantime, Kylie’s sister Kendall was with A$AP Rocky at some private pot party. Kendall reportedly declined to participate. And Drake wasn’t part of Coachella’s official lineup, but he made a surprise cameo during Future’s set Saturday. Drake went on Instagram this morning to blast The Madison Club, which is apparently where he stayed over the weekend. He posted a picture of the club’s logo and captioned it, “The most offensive place I have ever stayed at in my life with staff who pick and choose who they are going to accommodate based on racial profiling #Coachella.” Drake didn’t elaborate beyond that. The Madison Club has yet to comment.